- We are all more alike than I ever thought…
- Mysterious ways–Why do only some of us reject the religion of our birth?
- The Flash Season 3 is absolutely ruined by plot holes and plot elements that make no sense.
- Are you waiting for Jesus to return? Don’t hold your breath because there is no situation that would satisfy your wait.
- Funny how I tend to remember the good times and forget the bad times of addiction?
Top Posts & Pages
- Meth-induced voices in your head start with pareidolia
- A sad search: Why doesn’t he love me when we use meth?
- Never make the mistake of buying a JVC smart TV, model number JVC LT-55n935
- Do you still hear meth voices after you stop using meth?
- What you sound like on meth
- How to tell if your neighbour is abusing drugs
- A dead giveaway that someone has been smoking meth: A calloused thumb-tip
- Some nasty lesser-known side-effects of meth
- The definition of insanity is NOT doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
- And this is why you should never write code while you’re high
Tagsactivism advice Aishah anecdote anecdotes argument from morality atheism bad arguments and logical fallacies Batman begging the question belief burden of proof casting doubt on the 12 steps CBT childhood circular reasoning clean time clickbait cognitive dissonance confirmation bias conspiracy theories critical thinking death depression desperation Don’t believe everything you read dreams flat earth funny grammar gym progress happiness how I deal with cravings indoctrination inspiration introduction Josh lies loaded questions logical fallacies logical fallacies and bad arguments meth meth voices milestones misogyny mortality movies non sequitur no true Scotsman pet peeves porn racism recoveredmethaddict.wordpress.com recovery relapse religion religious apologetics reunification reviews sadness sarcasm secularism South Africa spam eggs bacon and spam special pleading straw man stupid questions Superman theism the kind of code I wrote while high on crystal meth triggers and cravings tweaking using dreams voices in your head writing about writing
Tag Archives: religion
And here we have part 4. Originally published on my old blog on 23 January 2014. This was the first time I tried to articulate my arguments against religion, and I don’t think I did a bad job of it. … Continue reading
This is the third part of my four-part series on atheism. This one was originally published on my old blog on 20 January 2014. Where part 2 left off, I was eight years old, and had completed my first confession … Continue reading
This is the second part of my series on atheism. This one was first published on my old blog on 17 January 2014. Where part 1 left off, I was six years old, and two weeks into my very short … Continue reading
A new Facebook friend asked how all her atheist friends came to be atheists… So here it is for me, a series I wrote on atheism and first published on my old blog. Although I’d mentioned my atheism in passing … Continue reading
Sometimes all debating with apologists seems rather pointless, because no matter how well thought out, no matter how well stated, no matter how logical our arguments can be, we are faced with shit like this… This is about his fourth … Continue reading
Another thought experiment: Assuming you are a religious person and know in your heart that your religion is right, imagine that you’d been born into a different religion
Oops, I did it again. Today you don’t have to excuse the long title. (See yesterday’s thought experiment here.) I’m not going to make a habit of posting thought experiments, but this one had a lot to do with me … Continue reading
A little mind-bender for you: Assuming you are a Christian, and are waiting for the return of Jesus, what would you accept as evidence of his return?
Excuse the long title. A friend’s recent Facebook share – something about what would happen if Jesus showed up today – got me to remember this. Bear with me… this is a question from the 16 year old version of … Continue reading