Top Posts & Pages
- Meth-induced voices in your head start with pareidolia
- Never make the mistake of buying a JVC smart TV, model number JVC LT-55n935
- A sad search: Why doesn’t he love me when we use meth?
- Do you still hear meth voices after you stop using meth?
- A dead giveaway that someone has been smoking meth: A calloused thumb-tip
- Smoking versus snorting meth and more on its effect on your voice
- Fixing the stupid TaskBar that stops auto-hiding in Windows 10
- The definition of insanity is NOT doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
- I struggle with ways to discipline my son.
- Another silly search: How to counteract methamphetamine’s negative side effects?
Tagsactivism advice Aishah anecdote anecdotes argument from morality atheism bad arguments and logical fallacies Batman begging the question belief burden of proof casting doubt on the 12 steps CBT childhood circular reasoning clickbait cognitive dissonance confirmation bias conspiracy theories critical thinking death depression desperation Don’t believe everything you read dreams drugs cause poor performance flat earth funny grammar gym progress happiness how I deal with cravings how to clean up and stay clean indoctrination inspiration interesting reading introduction Josh lies logical fallacies logical fallacies and bad arguments meth voices milestones misogyny movies non sequitur no true Scotsman pet peeves porn racism recoveredmethaddict.wordpress.com recovery recovery is difficult relapse religion religious apologetics reunification sadness sarcasm secularism South Africa spam eggs bacon and spam special pleading straw man stupid questions Superman theism the kind of code I wrote while high on crystal meth the time I was almost mugged and murdered triggers and cravings tweaking using dreams welcome writing about writing
Tag Archives: casting doubt on the 12 steps
How different my life is now, without either drugs or any 12 step nonsense. A critical examination of the NA 12 steps.
Last night as I struggled to fall asleep due to my insomnia, I thought about this… How different my life is now compared to a few years ago when I used drugs. But not only that. I also thought about … Continue reading
I was reading something that reminded me of the dreaded “Living Clean” NA book of drivel that some people like to read from in meetings… I recall that book being tiresome enough for me to have pointed it out in … Continue reading
Despite the title, this post is not about religion per se. It is about 12-step programs and the fundamental lesson that they teach, the lesson upon which the foundation of such programs is built, and on which so many recovering … Continue reading
Just a quick one today. When I did that outpatient program a few months ago, whenever I mentioned all the things at home that were wrong and were out of my control, the therapist who ran the group session said … Continue reading
I’ve updated my About page. Since pages don’t show up in RSS feeds like posts do, it might be missed. Therefore I’ve copied the content here… My name is Jerome Viveiros. I am a forty-something year old, living in Johannesburg, … Continue reading