- I found this eloquently written rebuttal of the so-called argument from morality, and had to share it…
- The worst service I have ever received
- Recovery from meth has been easy for me. Maybe because… Once I made the decision to stay clean, and stuck to it, I was released from the difficulty.
- Questioning the origin of the claim that god exists is not a genetic fallacy. Here’s why…
- Someone asked why atheist Facebook groups have so many religious memes…
Top Posts & Pages
- Meth-induced voices in your head start with pareidolia
- Never make the mistake of buying a JVC smart TV, model number JVC LT-55n935
- A sad search: Why doesn’t he love me when we use meth?
- Do you still hear meth voices after you stop using meth?
- What you sound like on meth
- Some nasty lesser-known side-effects of meth
- Smoking versus snorting meth and more on its effect on your voice
- Fixing the stupid TaskBar that stops auto-hiding in Windows 10
- More thoughts on my JVC LT-55n935 TV, which is really a “rebranded” Kogan TV
- About an “unpopular opinion” and negative review of Stranger Things
Tagsadvice Aishah anecdote anecdotes argument from morality atheism bad arguments and logical fallacies Batman begging the question belief casting doubt on the 12 steps CBT childhood circular reasoning clickbait cognitive dissonance confirmation bias conspiracy theories critical thinking death depression desperation Don’t believe everything you read dreams drugs cause poor performance false dilemma funny grammar gym progress happiness how I deal with cravings how to clean up and stay clean I hate my phone indoctrination inspiration interesting reading introduction Josh lies logical fallacies logical fallacies and bad arguments meth voices milestones misogyny movies non sequitur no true Scotsman Pascal's wager pet peeves porn racism recoveredmethaddict.wordpress.com recovery recovery is difficult relapse religion religious apologetics reunification sadness sarcasm secularism South Africa spam eggs bacon and spam special pleading straw man stupid questions Superman theism the kind of code I wrote while high on crystal meth the time I was almost mugged and murdered triggers and cravings tweaking using dreams welcome writing about writing
Category Archives: Parenting
I have less time than usual this morning, since I had to drop my mother off for her monthly hospital appointment, in the opposite direction to work. This was my latest Facebook status, which I’ll repeat here, and quote it … Continue reading
My mother tells me I’m “not allowed to change my mind” when it comes to raising my son with religion.
In case the title is ambiguous, my view several years ago was that I should raise any children I have with Catholicism, as I was raised. I don’t remember exactly when I changed it. Last night I was chatting to … Continue reading
I’m in dire straits financially. It seems everything has gone wrong. Last month, although I got a 9% increase at work, my phone was stolen, and after buying a new phone, paying off old debt, and giving a certain person … Continue reading
At the end of last year, I mentioned the issues with my son’s behaviour. I’m not so sure I identified the problem correctly before, or at least there is another aspect to it that I didn’t consider… my mother. Full … Continue reading
I no longer think that I am depressed about not seeing Josh’s sister. My feelings of sadness and loss when they left at the end of their holiday were normal – I just tend to have powerful emotions. And now … Continue reading
I’m not handling this at all well. I can’t look at photos or videos of Aishah without my eyes filling up with tears. I don’t often take photos of Josh lately, as much as I love him, because I see … Continue reading
I wish all my readers a happy new year. We had a good holiday, and although I only took one week of leave, that week was well spent with Megan and Aishah who came to visit Josh and I. The … Continue reading